Wednesday, July 01, 2009

Longest Day Ever.

I'm pleased to report that "Mary Kate" has officially made it through her surgery and after a long, long, long day and night in the hospital we are home and doing well.

Her surgery took longer than expected, the Dr said that it was very complicated and much worse than the ultrasound had led him to believe. It made us very thankful that we went ahead and did the surgery earlier rather than later. One of her ureter tubes was severely dilated, so much so that it made it difficult to taper it back to normal size without damaging her other tube. He did a little work on her ureter seal as well and we are hoping that the follow up ultrasound will tell us that we have moved past this little blip on our radar!

She seems to be doing fine but appears to be in some pain, and probably will be for the next few days. We have a supply of Loritab (who knew you could give that to a 15 month old) and Motrin and we are hoping that without all of the interruptions that come with a hospital stay she will be able to get some good rest and begin the healing process.

Thanks again to all of our friends and family for the encouraging words. It's amazing how well we as a society can stay connected these days. Between Twitter, Facebook and Texting, I was able to keep all of our friends and family up to date (almost in real time) with everything going on and it saved a ton of phone calls...

The encouragement and support we have received from our family and friends has meant so much, I can't tell you how thankful I am for the people in our lives. The constant texts and messages coming in during her surgery was a great distraction and I don't even think we were home an hour before food started showing up on our doorstep. The idea that our friends care for us that much is overwhelming and if I ever have the chance to repay the kindness, I will be the first one in line!

Love to you all!

1 comment:

Poodlehead said...

I'm glad she's doing well and that you made the decision you did.